JOIN OUR MICROSALON COMMUNITY
Not just another Rent a Chair!!!
Join our ‘MicroSalon Community’ in a new and trendy salon with all the facilities you would expect from a world class salon. Work side by side with fellow professionals enjoying the independence that only a MicroSalons can offer.
Achieve the perfect life/work balance as you manage your own business.
Our MicroSalon is situated just 2 km from the Melbourne CBD but, without the hassle of traffic and parking we associate with the city centre.
This is what you would expect from ANY Rent a chair salon!!!!!!
- A workstation with mirror, adjustable salon chair and a work trolley
- Use of the wet room with client shampoo chairs
- A private staff area with kitchen facilities and access to bathrooms and toilets
- A secure locker area for your personal and professional items
- You provide your own products
- Electricity, water and gas are all included in the rental
- No building costs such as water and council rates are included in the rental
- You choose your own hours and days you wish to work
- You decide the prices you will charge your clients for all your services
- You are responsible for setting up your business and complying with any rules and legislation
- You will need to have the ability to take payments from your clients through EFPOS
- You must have product and public liability insurance
SO WHAT ARE THE EXTRA BENEFITS YOU WILL ENJOY IF YOU JOIN OUR ‘MICROSALON COMMUNITY’ ?
Begin small and grow! You can have a single or DOUBLE workstation.
Employ your own staff. As your business grows you can employ additional staff to assist you.
Work at a time that suits your lifestyle and your clients. Make appointments for your clients 7 days a week with 3 nights being available until 9.00 p.m.
Talk with our consultants. As a member of the Micro Salon Community you will be able to talk with consultants who have expertise in:
- Setting up your small business
- Employment law and wages and condition (if you wish to employ staff)
- You will need product and public liability insurance. We can negotiate the best price for you through our exclusive broker. This is currently $400 per year which can be paid in 12 monthly instalment of $33
- Marketing your services
- Web page design
- Marketing using Social Media to promote your salon
- The best aps for managing your business and managing your client appointments
- You have access to experts in all areas of hairdressing, especially colour.
Pay as you go. Purchase your hairdressing materials, including a range of colour, at seriously discounted prices from us. No need to open trade accounts, outlay funds up from for retail and, especially you will not have to carry a full colour range as you can purchase product as you need it.
Keep your current job. You can balance your present employment while building your business.
Name your salon. You can name your salon and think about specializing – for example be a colourist, work with long hair, be a bridal expert, work with ‘blondes’, specialise is mens cutting.
Choose your own product range. You are not locked into a particular product range. Purchase from the Academy or select your preferred brands.
Greet your client in style. Enjoy the services of a full time receptionist with a beautiful waiting area set aside exclusively for your clients.
When you outgrow your single workstation. As you grow your clientele you can expand your business into two work stations. You could even employ your own staff.
What extra services can I offer? Offer your clientele extra services such as manicuring, make- up or eyelash extensions. Manicure tables and make- up chairs are available
Professional Development is at your fingertips. Attend our professional development workshops conducted at the Academy throughout the year at a special community member discounted fee.
Gain a Diploma and gain prestige. Further develop your skills by pursuing or upskilling into advances international Diplomas in Hairdressing and Barbering, all on site.
Days and hours. You can access our Micro Salon 7 days a week including 3 evenings until 9.00 p.m.
Your location. Situated in North Melbourne, close to edgy bars and restaurant with cuisines from all around the world, supermarkets, banks, post office, your Microsalon has street frontage with continuous foot traffic, especially on Saturday and Sunday. Farmers markets, theatres and weekend stalls add a real sense of community.
The current Arden Street development will expand the population and facilities available in North Melbourne even further.
How to get there. Transport links are situated 50 metres from your salon and link with the city loop.
Free Wi Fi
Cleaning services are provided by our experienced in house cleaning staff.
Membership Fees. Your membership fee is all you pay to be a part of our community. You do not pay any extra commission. Once you pay your membership fees, all the income you earn is yours.
Junior and Senior Memberships are available.
Junior Membership is for hairdressers who have qualified in the past 6 months. The Membership fee is $33 per day for the first six months after which the full Senior membership fee will apply.
Senior Membership is for hairdressers with at least 12 months salon experience.
The membership fee is $ 62 per day.
Rental Agreement. You will not be locked into a long term lease.
Your agreement will describe all the responsibilities and privileges associated with your MicroSalon membership.
Your initial membership agreement will be for two months with an option to extend the contract in two monthly blocks thereafter. Under the agreement your monthly fee covers any day or night you wish to work in your Microsalon.
Membership fees are charged on a weekly basis and payable by EFTPOS or EFT.